The Russian invasion of Ukraine has fundamentally changed the world. The fallout from this aggression was swift: affordable, readily available energy quickly becoming scarce, unaffordable, and weaponized.
Longstanding concerns about climate change were swiftly joined by concerns about energy security. But it’s precisely the technologies that will lay the groundwork for a net-zero world that will also make us more secure.
This is where ERLG comes into play. Our aim is to bring politics, industry, and the financial world together to jointly remove obstacles in order to help technologies quickly and effectively achieve a breakthrough and reduce Europe's dependence on natural gas.
• Accelerating electrification by building out long-duration energy storage and improving power transmission.
• Strengthening Europe’s industrial base by leveraging zero-carbon sources of industrial heat.
• Keeping people warm affordably by renovating commercial and residential buildings to rapidly improve energy efficiency and dependability.
Achieving these goals requires a new generation of public-private partnerships that can quickly deploy new technology solutions and leverage all that the parties have to offer: from big industrial players and climate tech startups at the technology frontier to committed financiers and visionary policy-makers.
The deployment of emerging clean technologies is often slowed by unsuitable regulatory framework conditions and a lack of public financial support measures. We will work with policy-makers to remove these barriers: for example, by accelerating permitting procedures, creating an appropriate electricity market design, and appropriating public support instruments.
WHO WE ARE
HOW TO JOIN
We are looking for partners that are committed to action. You’re a company that is
• operating in Europe with dependency on natural gas,
• willing to replace your natural-gas energy dependency with zero-emissions technologies,
• willing to mobilize resources to scale up emerging clean technologies, and
• committed to collaborating with a group of diverse stakeholders to scale up projects.
We are looking for startups whose lighthouse technologies
• are cost competitive with natural gas,
• result in significant replacement or reduction of natural gas consumption,
• significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and
• are nearly ready to scale up or, ideally, be ready to undertake an initial commercial project.
Does this apply?
Then get in touch with us.
©2023 ERLG. All Rights Reserved